Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is looking for a Liner Hanger Shop Technician for our Completions and Wellbore Intervention group in the Midland, Texas area.
- Under limited supervision, performs mechanical assembly, maintenance, and overhaul on equipment.
- Test, assemble, and dis-assemble mechanical equipment
- Repair, test, and troubleshoot downhole rental and sellable equipment
- Need to have good mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Works to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices and Quality standards.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements, and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in a Mechanical field preferred, 2+ years relevant industry experience (airline, military, oilfield, automotive).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use common hand tools.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance documents, drawings, parts lists and follow formal procedures.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Basic computer skills - Excel, SAP
- Basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes
- Able to work on call for 60+ hours a week
- Mechanical, maintenance, or assemble experience in an industrial environment
- 1+ year of oil and gas industry experience
- Knowledge and experience in operating overhead cranes and hoists
- This position will routinely conduct mechanical inspections and assembly
- Midland, Texas