Baker Hughes, a GE company is seeking a Perforating Scientist to manage multiple projects relating to research and design in order to develop new products related to Perforating Technology.Essential Responsibilities:
- The scientist will be responsible for introducing new technology ideas to grow the research and development portfolio.
- Plans and conducts research, designs experiments and analyzes data to understand products and mechanisms for the development of new products and processes
- Will be responsible for planning and performing lab experiments and interpreting results.
- The Scientist will be required to collaborate with Product Line, colleagues, and field operations as well as participate in development of standards, conferences and committees to show industry leadership.
- Candidate should possess a PhD in physics with emphasizes on shock physics as it relates to high speed energetic events, shock wave modelling for performance predictions, and develop models for perforation downhole penetration predictions.
- Knowledge of High Explosives, chemistry, formulation, and performance is required.
- Candidate should possess advanced knowledge of fluid mechanics and behavior, and be capable of performing Computational Fluid Dynamics modelling and calculations.
- Must meet US federal regulations to work with explosives
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more