The Pipeline Technician safely and efficiently operates field gathering and/or pipeline systems associated with the transportation of natural gas or natural gas liquids as directed by his/her Field Supervisor. This person has knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a field compression facility, processing plant, and/or pipeline system. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS): Experience:
- Responsible for overall operation of field gathering and pipeline systems.
- Monitor pipeline balances
- Perform pipeline locates and monitor work of contractors and pipeline companies working around Targa pipelines and right-of-ways
- Perform repairs on steel pipelines and polyethylene pipelines
- Perform pipeline inserts (polyethylene pipe inside deteriorated steel pipeline)
- Perform One Call locates, marking pipelines, and notification/close out as required. Operate line locator
- Monitor pipeline line codes for losses (leaks)
- Perform pipeline pigging operations
- Perform operations and maintenance on O2 analyzers
- Able to work in an H2S environment wearing SCBA equipment
- Knowledge of all Targa field safety policies i.e. pipeline repairs, ditch shoring, etc.
- Recognize pipeline and pipeline equipment malfunctions
- Must maintain accurate records of mechanical equipment, repair history, preventive & predictive maintenance performed by utilizing the Maximo preventive maintenance program
- Comply with all applicable safety and environmental regulations, local policies and procedures
- Continuously review and monitor facility operations for optimization
- Fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tag out documentation, and hold tailgate safety sessions with others involved in work at site
Education & License:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related work experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company (Class A CDL preferred)
- Associate degree in pipeline technology or equivalent experience in field operations of pipelines and equipment typically utilized in gas processing industry (preferred)
- Ability to read and understand pipeline maps and alignment sheet
- Experience performing one calls
- Certified Polyethylene Pipe Fusing
- Pipeline Hot Tap Certification
- H2S Certified
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Certified
- Knowledge of various process instrumentation; pressure switches, pressure transmitters, temperature switches, temperature transmitters, flow switches, flow / differential pressure transmitters, vibration switches, vibration transmitters, Combustible Gas Detectors, H2S detectors, O2 Sensors and Moisture Analyzers.
- An understanding of pipeline operations, including purging, hydrostatic testing, and pigging procedures.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
- Ability to frequently throughout the work shift, push, pull and lift at least a minimum of 50lbs to a minimum height of 3-4 feet and maneuver equipment or parts as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in changing climate conditions
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
- Ability to climb up and down ladders, stairs and platforms at varying heights
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex)
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
- This role is subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Targa policy
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.