The successful candidate for the Regional Procurement Manager (US/Canada) will be the commercial leader primarily accountable for ensuring that Shell Sites are leveraging their buying power with other Sites, as well as other Shell Businesses and Joint Ventures. Charged with End to End Supplier Performance, this includes managing regional sourcing initiatives and implementing global agreements that provide the best deals for Shell's Downstream Manufacturing business. Based in our Shell Calgary (or Scorford) office, the Regional Procurement Manager's accountabilities include:
- Delivering commercial value by developing and implementing regional Contracting and Procurement strategies.
- Supporting Global Category Managers in implementing the Global Category strategy within the region and manage supplier relationship including the resolution of operational and supplier performance gaps relating to the contracts.
- Providing a strong commercial influence in the thinking and behavior of the users of materials and/or services in the region.
- Exploring and taking advantage of cross-business leverage opportunities for services within other lines of business.
- Model options for award strategies to optimize value including quality, commerciality, and timing/speed to the market.
- Consolidates demand across Sites and develops category strategies and regional deals aligned with site business plans.
- Leads regional implementation of Global framework agreement and validates the value proposition of the deal for each site.
- Models excellence in commercial contract management (including HSSE) and will coach site CP & CH teams to increase commerciality at the site.
- Brings a strong understanding of local market dynamics and ability to create and execute deals that puts Shell in a competitive advantage.
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.Requirements
- Must have legal right to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering preferred.
- At least 5 years of commercial contracting and procurement experience i.e. CMCP - strategy development and execution, negotiations; as well as Category knowledge i.e. materials, industry, market, competition, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with systems such as G(SAP), Ariba, and relevant standard MS-software, ability to use other systems to deliver the work (For example: Power BI, Track, Avetta, IS Net).
- Contract/supplier performance management is preferred but not required.
- Manufacturing commercial or technical experience preferred but not required.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.