Skills: Engineering Technician, Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Title: Senior System Integrator
Schedule: Flexible schedule with a guaranteed 40 hours weekly minimum.
Location: Based out of Lafayette (50% in office and 50% travel/field work)
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
- Demonstrates a high level of knowledge in process controls including a detailed understanding of the process
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment in an industrial environment
- Demonstrates, optimizes, and instructs an expert knowledge of the control methods, analog and discrete, and the critical components
- Proficient experience in implementing new and maintaining legacy control systems (DCS, PLC, and HMI platforms)
- Able to easily adapt to a new platform with technical support
- Ability to deploy a variety of control systems including associated hardware, software, instrumentation, and networking equipment
- Ability to execute projects mostly unsupervised
- Proficient in loop checks, startups, troubleshooting, and commissioning in an industrial environment
- Ability to understand control philosophy documents, Cause and Effect Charts, write functional specifications, and develop custom control system manuals
- Familiar with 120 VAC / 24 VDC control circuits inside electric motor starters and able to read motor schematics and electrical one-line diagrams.
- Complies with Danos and customer safety requirements
- Demonstrates personal accountability to learning and development of oneself as well as assisting with development of new employees and peers
- Willingly accepts coaching and mentoring from team members and provides the same when working with others
- Demonstrates clear communication with team members and customers
- Seeks out new opportunities via demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job
- Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity, and professionalism across all aspects of the business
- Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude
- Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance and meeting customer needs
- Bachelor's degree or Associates degree and 2+ years in an engineering design environment or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years or more experience in an Industrial Controls Engineering environment
- Proficient in Allen Bradley software and hardware
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Experience with DCS control systems is a plus
Why work for Danos?
Danos offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.
Sounds like your ideal employer?
Apply today! Visit www.danos.com to complete a general application or to review additional openings.
Danos is an equal opportunity employer.