Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This Network Operations Engineer position is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructures. Provide high-level technical support for voice and data network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved communication equipment and procedures. The Network Engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems. Must be a team player and work well across a variety of cultures and skill levels globally.
- LAN/WAN support
- Network Infrastructure device refresh projects
- Hands on on-site device support
- 3rd party network connectivity projects
- Operational SLA management
- Performance monitoring, reporting, analysis, etc.
- Network Management tools support
- Enterprise Projects planning, deployment and support
- Circuit outage coordination
- New product Testing & Evaluation
- New Product Rollout
- LAN Design Configuration & Deployment
- LAN Equipment repair/reconfiguration
- Voice/IPT design & support
- Wireless LAN installation/repair
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years related network infrastructure experience.
- CCNA, CIPT and strong working knowledge of voice
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN communications, network hardware such as Cisco routers, Ethernet switches, bridges, gateways and firewalls.
- In-depth knowledge of routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP
- Strong understanding and practical experience with technologies like MPLS, VPLS, VPNs and Traffic Engineering.
- Knowledge of Structured Cabling Following BICSI Best Practices
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more