Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Lead and participate in the design and development of our data pipeline, a sophisticated backend responsible for the ingestion and delivery of billions to trillions of records.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Develop and implement data auditing strategies and processes to ensure data quality, accuracy, and integrity
- Develop, deploy, and support real-time automated data streams from numerous sources into the data platform
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with Data Scientists and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems and increase the value of our data
- This position has NO official supervisory responsibilities
- This position may be called upon to lead small technical teams, and serve as a lead systems architect for individual projects
- Bachelor's degree and minimum six years of professional software development experience
- Minimum two years' experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Minimum two years' experience with one or more of: Java, Scala, or Python
- Minimum two years' experience with Apache Spark and NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra, etc.)
- Minimum two years' experience with stream-processing systems such as Kafka, Spark-streaming, etc.
- Minimum two years' experience with Azure or AWS cloud services
- Minimum two years' experience with Linux/Unix, scripting, and administration
- Minimum two years' experience with Docker
- Minimum two years' experience with SQL and experience working with RDBMSs (Postgres/PostGIS, SQL Server, etc.)
- Minimum two years' experience with source control systems (Git), branching & merging, CI, etc.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum three years' experience in Data Engineer role
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus
- Ability to work efficiently with large spatio-temporal data sets strongly desired
- GIS experience a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Event Driven development
- Experience with Log Management systems like Splunk, Logstash, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with Machine Learning is a plus
- Experience working within Scrum methodology
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English)
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.