Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Executive Assistant assists and supports the Sr. VP and Chief Financial Officer and the Finance and Accounting organization in multiple business administration tasks including communications, personnel, travel, and time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively manages demands on and for executive time by regulating access, driving scheduling needs, and managing calendars .
- Effectively organizes information - classification/categorization, speed and ease of retrieval and access, compliance with enterprise retention policy, and content screening and timely flow to executive.
- Facilitates travel arrangements and administration.
- Provides written communications support.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mails and faxes.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, and reserves and prepares facilities.
- Interacts and communicates with customers and corporate executives.
- Receives and screens phone calls and visitors.
- Schedules and coordinates conference calls.
- Greets scheduled visitors and directs to appropriate area or person.
- Prepares reports/presentations to Executive Management, including the Board of Directors.
- Compiles and prepares statistical reports.
- Compiles and prepares expense reports.
- Leads committees, creates plans, and tracks progress on special projects.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance for a specific area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus five years executive assistant experience.
- Minimum five years' experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and advanced PowerPoint skills).
- Minimum five years' experience with standard email and internet systems.
- Minimum two years' experience maintaining confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone skills with a thorough knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- Associates Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Experience in related industry.
- PeopleSoft and Visio experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to effectively manage time and establish project priorities.
- Builds relationships with people whose assistance, cooperation, and support may be needed.
- Provides/develops appropriate documentation to track progress of a project.
- Anticipates and prepares for upcoming events ensuring adequate resources are available.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to be engaging and welcoming to visitors with a professional demeanor.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.