Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering's Asset Monitoring Intelligence Center (AMIC) is a key barrier health component for multiple offshore assets in the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea.
Lead a group of professional Mariners that keep an watchful eye on vessel traffic around the assets we protect.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The AMIC Account Manager is an operations role responsible for the successful delivery of contracted monitoring services we supply to our customers. The Ops Manager will work closely with the customers, Oceaneering business stakeholders and the AMIC watchstanding team to deliver a successful and profitable service offering.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage daily operations of the AMIC, including the watchstanders in their daily activities
- Backfill watchstanding shifts for existing AMIC team during personal time off..
- Foster an environment of collaborative communication with all internal business stakeholders and customers.
- Analyze and control expenditures conforming to budgetary requirements.
- Understand and work to provide the services outlined in the customer contracts.
- Work with commercial resources and manage any annual renewals and/or scope adjustments agreed to by our customers.
- Perform management duties, to include: providing guidance on technical solutions, developing and refining monitoring methodologies as well as administrative functions.
- Produce necessary customer reports on agreed periodic cycle
- Continually enhance the performance of the AMIC team, through process improvement, automation, full utilization of existing tool sets, and recommendations for new tools
- Develop and manage AMIC teams training plan.
- Oversee watch-team staffing schedule.
- Coordinate with HR to ensure AMIC staff compliance with all required policies.
- Manage AMIC P&L for; equipment maintenance, training, and general operations
- Create and revise AMIC policies and procedures in conjunction with Oceaneering and Customer.
- Facilitate AMIC resource usage for Oceaneering Maritime Insight (OMI) tasking.
- This position will supervise the AMIC watchstanding team.
- Reports to the Operations Manager, Maritime
- Bachelor Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a licensed watch-officer or ballast control officer.
- Radar Observer Unlimited Certification
- Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA) Endorsement
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift (9 am to 9 pm) on an exception basis
- Marine Radio Operator Permit (MP)
- Current unlimited mate license
- Experience leading watch teams.
- Experience with Navigational Rules of the Road
- Experience assessing surrounding vessel activity and convey the appropriate course of action to maintain designated CPA.
- Familiar with radar operations and tuning.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Exceptional situational awareness of all social, operational, and environmental factors that may dynamically change resulting in continual reassessment of potential threats.
- Excellent crisis management and communication skills with the ability to act quickly with confidence while exercising sound judgment.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions
- Articulate and able to provide concise situational briefs to senior customer leadership.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and assess risk based priorities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.