Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Sourcing Specialist for a permanent position, located in Westhill.
The Sourcing Specialist is part of a team to support strategic sourcing of assigned portfolio.
Implements sourcing plans, market analysis and tactics to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to his/her assigned portfolio in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan.
- Develops, communicates, and implements medium and long term sourcing strategies with the goal of assuring quality and delivery performance while minimizing total cost of ownership Consolidates needs (key portfolio figures, need types , internal constraints) Performs upstream market analysis (market characteristics, key factors, trends)
- Assesses risks and identifies mitigation plans
- Participates in the evaluation of current and prospective Suppliers
- Identifies cost elements and cost drivers, and sets cost targets
- Proposes future sourcing positioning and sets objectives
- Defines the short list of Preferred Suppliers for every assigned category
- Provides support for the implementation of the different sourcing plans up to supplier, process and part qualifications; monitors plan implementation compliance with the sourcing strategy
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks
- Initiate and execute regional RFP / RFQ and RFI based on business requirements
- Prepares and manages negotiations in accordance with sourcing strategy. Ensures negotiated agreements are properly executed and complied with.
- Perform all tasks of supplier management for the assigned portfolio of suppliers as per Procurement & Sourcing policies and standards
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company Specific deliverables of the position.
- Interpersonal skills including: High collaboration with others; Managing Change; Negotiating;
- Presentation; Professional communication
- Must have good Leadership and management skills;
- Must be Analytical and structured and be able to influence change;
- Performance management capability;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to negotiate complex commercial agreements
- Integrity in business dealings
- Ability to develop supplier relationships