Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Back-End Developer using cutting-edge technology to design, develop, support, and enhance the core functionality of our server-side services. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, result-driven individuals who enjoy solving challenging problems and being part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
• Collaborate with Product Owners on technical scoping and recommendations
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software product features and infrastructure following sound architecture principles and company coding standards
• Familiarize yourself with all dependencies, interfaces and services required by assigned components so that you become the resident expert in your areas of responsibility
• Detect data quality issues, identify their root causes, develop fixes, and design auditing to prevent future issues
• Create robust and scalable production services that provide data for our end-user facing products
• Participate in regular peer review sessions of development code and provide candid, constructive feedback to drive continuous improvements
• Maintain consistent communication with project leadership on status and impediments as they arise
• Entry Level Computer Science background with 0-5 years of applied experience working on advanced, scalable, interactive web applications as a Back-End Developer
• Ability to program production-grade back-end web applications and services in Java
• Extensive knowledge of the best engineering practices in agile software development: architectural paradigms, code reviews, branching, task management, documentation
• In-depth knowledge of database design and optimization, hands-on experience working with SQL databases
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Deep understanding of data validation and data processing
• Thorough experience with REST & API best-practices
• Ability to debug and isolate issues efficiently in a live production system
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Experience on a project with high concurrent load and big datasets
• Hands-on with cloud computing platforms, like AWS
• Familiarity with Spring Boot, Java, SQL and SOAP/REST webservices.
• Familiarity with infrastructure configuration as code tooling
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.