Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
State: TX 77060
Manages the financial planning and analysis of assigned business units, acting as the Financial Business Partner to Senior Operations Management. Implements a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to improve operational and financial performance, mitigate risk, and enhance the accuracy of the unit's reported financial results.
• Performs extensive financial analysis on all facets of business operations, and prepares financial reports detailing project and business unit performance.
• Leads and manages the month end closing process for the assigned business unit(s).
• Provides critical data for, and plays the lead role in the negotiation and preparation of forecasts and budgets.
• Prepares and reviews a full set of financial statements (Balance Sheet, P &L, Cash Flow, and Retained Earnings) and partners with accountants and investment specialists to provide recommendations for improvements. Makes recommendations to improve business operations based on thorough analysis.
• Provides assistance to Operations Management in the analysis of program/ project performance and in the development of corrective measures as required. Independently conducts program/ project analyses and prepares reports.
• Oversees the operations of one or more assigned accounting department(s), including the design of an organizational structure and robust process controls for achieving the department's goals and objectives. Directly manages the personnel of the assigned teams.
• Ensures all financial and accounting transactions (AP/AR/Billing/Collections) are processed to established standards and completed within targeted deadlines.
• Coordinates the provision of information to external auditors for annual audit processes.
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Provides Business Partner support to the VP and Director of Operations and Divisional Financial Controller as required and other personnel as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, with 10 years of heavy business financial planning and analysis experience in a high-volume business services or industrial environment, including 5 or more years in a management role supervising one or more finance teams/ departments; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Current CMA or CPA preferred.
• Previous financial analysis (primary) and accounting experience (secondary) in an engineering, construction, and consulting or business services firm required.
• Capability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly demanding, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex accounting processes and employ effective auditing/ drill down capabilities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and/ or international financial reporting standards.
• Ability to obtain, organize and analyze data, and utilize to develop and implement processes to drive efficiency.
• Excellent communication skills with high level of English proficiency, both written and verbal.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Strong math and analytical skills.
Advanced capabilities with Excel and ERP systems (esp. Deltek or JD Edwards) required. Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat).
An employee in this position typically works in an office environment with controlled climate. Outside office travel is limited.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work with computer systems for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.