Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Katy, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implements an effective and appropriate capacity management and production monitoring system
- Maintains all MRP planning and scheduling parameters for all "make" items.
- Analyzes planned order reports and provides timely release of production work orders specified by the Production Plan.
- Interfaces with production teams and procurement specialists to prioritize the most critical items.
- Identifies and brings to resolution any production demand/supply imbalances in both volume and mix.
- Provides daily guidance and information to the product line team regarding status of production schedules.
- Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of other potential interruptions to the Planning Manager
- Monitors production progress against scheduling needs and intervenes as necessary to bring deliveries back into compliance with production schedules.
- Identifies and reports opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce waste, shorten lead times, reduce costs, etc.
- Reports all scheduling, capacity, and production tracking data, statistics and metrics as defined by the Master Schedule policy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business Administration, Engineering, Finance or related field bachelor's degree
- Minimum preferred two years' experience in a Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Finance role.
- Good product knowledge and customer knowledge.
- Good Manufacturing processes knowledge.
- Advanced level understanding of ERP software systems
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving and analytic skills
- Knowledge of Oilfield terminology and business practices. Oil & Gas Industry exposure
- Ability to work in global distributed setting, previous international exposure
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.