Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Prepare, own and implement the Operations Readiness plans for projects, using the related standards, processes, tools & systems, ensuring their alignment with the Opportunity Realization System.
- Ensure systems are ready -- Perform to intended design, built to Shell standards, verified through FAT and SIT, and commissioned, started up, and ready to operate.
- Ensure processes are ready -- fit for purpose and aligned with UPD's standards and strategies.
- Ensure people are ready -- in numbers and trained with sufficient competencies, to operate and maintain the new equipment.
- Build Computerized Maintenance Management System for new project, maintenance routines, functional locations, BOM's, Spare Parts, etc.
- Provide Operations discipline review and response to all project Management of Change . Raise Management of Changes on behalf of operation organization.
- Active Stakeholder engagements with Asset Teams, Project Teams, Discipline Engineers, Shell Technical Authorities, other Local and Regional OR practitioners, Venture Teams, HSE Advisors, Contractors and Service Providers, etc.
- Deliver all Operations Readiness deliverables on time and within budget.
- Execute an integrated project schedule.
- Generate and deliver validated OPEX and downtime estimates to enable concept evaluations and accommodate annual business plan.
- Implement Lessons Learned into execution of projects, work closely with Quality Team on Projects to deliver.
- Ensure that all required support services and contracts are ready -- aligned with life cycle cost management strategies and supportive of value preservation.
- Lead and Organize Operability and Maintainability reviews for all projects.
- Lead delivery of Operations Readiness business/process improvements.
- Certify as Technical Ability 3 in either Maintenance Reliability Turnaround or Prod Ops and provide document reviews on Operations Readiness deliverables.
- Mentor junior colleagues as they learn OR processes.
- Provide input to projects through representation of Upstream Deepwater standards and minimal function requirements to design and develop/propose new standards in the context of operability and maintainability to the project community.
- Ensure Technical Integrity and Process Safety compliance through Technical Integrity Verification, Statement of Fitness and Project to Asset Handover.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Operations professional with 8+ years of experience or Engineer with 5+ years production operations, maintenance, and/or project experience.
- Sub-sea production system operations experience including a demonstrated ability to identify, troubleshoot and mitigate sub-sea flow assurance issues.
- Experience with design and/or operation of High Pressure High Temperature production systems.
- Experience with design and/or operation of steam systems, H2S contactors, and Hg catalyst beds.
- Knowledge of the Deepwater Operations, both breadth and depth, complemented by good knowledge of disciplines related to production operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, coaching Shell and third party staff in multi-cultural environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities to build ownership toward the asset and maximize overall results.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are expected.
- Able to travel offshore
- Able to obtain a HUET and TWIC card
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video