The Alarm & Ops Management Domain Expert is knowledgeable about and helps drive the alarm and ops management trends in Shell and the industry. The Domain Experts are a trusted interface for the business assets and understands the work processes, top challenges and opportunities that will deliver value for the company. They work with the Technology Lead to develop the strategy, roadmaps, and new solutions. They provide consulting for the design and delivery of those solutions. They also provide consulting to the development and support teams for their domain. Purpose and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for in depth understanding of company and industry trends, products, services and best practices in their domain of expertise
- Responsible for development of the domain strategy with the technology lead
- Responsible for development of strategy aligned solutions
- Accountability for supporting embedding solutions in the organization and integration with other/external systems
- Providing technical consultancy to the technical architecture of a solution, its specification and design
- Working closely with end-users, reference and solution architects, workflow consultants, discipline and site engineers, and the engineering projects teams
- Framing business issues and translating those into technology driven solutions
- Provide expert knowledge of processes, technology, architecture, for OT and IT operation
- Provide expert knowledge on (Industrial) Internet of Things, Advanced Analytics
- Support deployment and development teams
- Focal point for the technology and products to the business discipline
- Perform Portfolio and Market evaluations to evergreen the portfolio and market selections for new technologies
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Discipline Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in alarm and operations management.
- 5+ years of experience in automation, operational technology and IT.
- 5+ years of experience in the Downstream Manufacturing and/or Upstream Production Business
- Product Management experience over the full lifecycle of a product
- Relevant instrumentation and process automation field experience in the industry
- Has an understanding of the alarm management lifecycle
- Has experience with Honeywell's Dynamo or similar alarm management tools
- Has experience with automation systems/ DCS (Emerson Delta V, Honeywell Experion and Yokogawa Centrum system)
- Urgency and persistence to solve problems and deliver solutions
- Has good stakeholder management and effective business relationships
- Able to travel 20% on an as-needed basis
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.