Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Demand Planner within Drilling and Completion Fluids Product Line.
On a typical day, but not limited to, the Demand Planner is a relatively new role in the Drilling and Completion Fluids (DCF) materials organization. The role would have close interactions with regions across the globe and will spend time gathering forecast, validating the forecast and analyzing forecast.
Since this is a new role, in the Drilling and Completion Fluids (DCF) materials organization, working within regions and change management is extremely vital for this role. Essential Responsibilities:
- Develop and manages the monthly activity cycle from each of the regions. Reconcile the activity inputs and provide a monthly global activity view for monthly S&OP process.
- Documents the current demand to activity conversion process for each of the regions and strive towards developing a more standardized approach of converting activity into material demand.
- Work with each of the regions and reconcile material forecast against past usage and specific activity drivers for each of the regions.
- Works closely with the commercial and product team to understand the activity drivers such as tenders, contracts and any other customer driven events.
- Develops and reconcile monthly gross forecast by country to be used for netting and inventory planning strategies.
- Ensure accuracy of relevant master data for forecast is properly maintained
- Upload forecast in ERP after validation with the regions.
- Understand the issues around forecast in-accuracies and work with each of the regions to improve the overall data quality and forecast accuracy.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business, engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis, demand planning, forecasting or related area.
- SAP experience
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Advance computer skills, including MS Office including MS Exchange, and Excel.
- Advanced SAP experience.
- Experience in activity based demand planning & forecasting process.
- Able to lead a group and handle a fast paced work environment.
- Provide additional support on daily execution of supply planning and order management on as needed basis.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more