Contract Specialists actively work with various Category and Procurement Managers, Technical and Maintenance Managers, and other site-based teams to identify optimal procurement strategies utilizing the Category Management and Contracting Process. Contract Specialists are responsible for leading the implementation of these strategies while negotiating local site contracts to meet a number of local/regional challenges. Additionally, Contract Specialists are responsible for working with the business to deliver robust contract management on existing agreements to ensure the deals are delivering the anticipated benefits. All of this is focused on reducing the costs to the business and driving out waste, while ensuring security of supply to ongoing operations, projects, and turnarounds.
- Accountable for the overall development and delivery (end-to-end implementation) of procurement strategies to maximize the value of spend on a total life cycle basis.
- Lead the development of contracting strategies including tender, negotiation and award and the post-award contract management and continuous improvements against the deals.
- Take an active role in implementing Enterprise Framework Agreements at the site, including implementation of local call-off agreements and transition between suppliers.
- Ability to interface effectively with CP and business people across a wide variety of backgrounds and levels, both at the plant and the regional level.
- Obtain active support for key procurement goals and objectives via local stakeholder engagement; able to link these goals to business needs and benefits, including LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Deliver third party spend savings to achieve site cost reduction targets.
- Ensure compliance with established strategies, contracts, policies, and procedures.
- Manage relationships with key third party providers so as to meet business challenges and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop new commercial ideas and opportunities to enable the business to meet current and prospective business challenges.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the supply market, including: a strong understanding of the drivers of value and cost for principal providers in the market; strong knowledge of the risks in the market and how best to respond; and a clear view of the ways in which we can most beneficially shape the market.
- Maintain full understanding of CP policies and procedures, Contract Review Board processes, Requisition to Pay processes, and ERP related processes and procedures.
- Develop, document and present robust Contract Review Board submittals for local/regional strategies.
This position is located at the Geismar Plant near Baton Rouge, Louisiana.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in contracts, procurement, supply chain, logistics, managing contractors or other contract related experience.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize demanding workload; able to develop effective plans for meeting required timelines.
- Experience in change management to drive for global/regional leverage and operational excellence.
- Experience in environments with consistent pressure to continually improve cost position by looking at price, specifications and demand, while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Ability to maintain appropriate balance between pre- and post-award contract activities, focusing on what will drive the greatest value or mitigate the biggest risks.
- Comfortable working across organizational boundaries to deliver results.
- Self starter, willing to actively develop networks and work across sites if needed to increase contribution.
- Experience in developing/executing services and material contracts.
- Evidence of 'Enterprise first' values and behaviors.
- Well organized and able to manage competing priorities.
- Able to develop and present sound business cases to senior leadership in support of planned strategies.
- Great teamwork, results delivery, and communications skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.