Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Assist the cook with various tasks while maintaining a clean, sanitized work station, as well as, other cleaning tasks as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of food for cooking by washing, peeling, weighing, measuring, and/or cutting when necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance of cleanliness, upholding a high standard of hygiene in the galley, mess room, and pantries.
- Wash dishes, flatware, pots, and pans by hand.
- Use cleaning supplies to wipe counter tops and sweep/mop floors.
- Store clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in proper areas.
- Sweep, mop, clean, dust, and straighten up public areas of the vessel.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards set by industry guidelines.
- Assist in proper storage of perishable, frozen, fresh produce and dry or canned items.
- Keep inventory of supplies and inform supervisor when supplies are getting low.
- Inform supervisor when equipment is not working properly.
- Collect and process (wash, dry, and fold) vessel personnel's laundry as well as any other laundry items used on the vessel by personnel during their stay on the vessel.
- Clean and sanitize the showers, toilets, and laundry facilities throughout the vessel.
- Remove, and properly dispose of trash and garbage using the designated containers.
- Perform any other additional duties that may be required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
- 1-2 years minimum related experience.
- Merchant Mariner's Credential
- USCG Medical Certificate
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver's License.
- Valid TWIC card
- Must be able to pass a Security Clearance
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
This is Heavy work. (Exerting up to 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 25 to 50 pounds of work frequently and/or up to 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.