Skills: Crane Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering's business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Assist with maintenance of deck operations including crane operation and performs operational checks and minor repairs when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with deck maintenance and independently carry out various deck department duties.
- Daily maintenance to preserve painted surfaces of the ship and to maintain lines.
- Performs lift operations with vessel crane according to safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
- Makes routine checks of the crane to ensure the safety of other personnel and reliability during operation.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs on the crane when necessary.
- Member of shipboard emergency response team.
- Responsible for communications, safety watches, and deck watch during operations when assigned to be watch keeper.
- Inform Chief Officer of third party inspections and maintenance.
- Measure depth of water in shallow or unfamiliar waters, communicating the information to bridge.
- Overhaul lifeboats and lifeboat gear and raises or lowers with winch or falls.
- Splice and repair cables and ropes using hand-tools.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
- Two - three years related vessel crane and deck operational experience.
- Vessel experience in the Gulf of Mexico within the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SMS shipboard procedures.
- Merchant Mariner's Credential with AB Unlimited endorsement.
- USCG Medical Certificate
- STCW-95 (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification) with RFPNW (Rate Forming Part of a Navigational Watch) endorsement.
- Crane certification.
- Valid passport
- Valid Driver's License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Security Clearance preferred / Able to pass a security clearance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.