Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The senior project engineering position will use broad technical skills to oversee and lead special (customer or non-customer related) engineering projects. This position has the responsibility of driving the development of the fundamental design(s) specification that governs a project. This position requires the mentoring for development of engineers as well as advising for critical issues on projects. Cross functional engagement and being able to execute in a team environment is a necessity. Some traveling may be required for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with integrated teams to help develop global solutions to the entire product line that oceaneering has to offer in Panama City.
- Coordinates the effective utilization of engineering procedures, methods, design reviews, reporting, documentation and archiving of data required.
- Mentors and instructs engineers and designers to create efficient and complete design packages through the use of a structured design approach.
- Provides high level expertise in specific areas to multiple projects.
- Perform project engineering work on active projects as required.
- Determine design verification and validation requirements.
- Interface with internal stakeholders such as project management, process engineering, testing/termination, and other sites of Oceaneering.
- Travel may be required of this position on an infrequent basis.
- Aftermarket customer support including specialist/trouble-shooting support.
- Support manufacturing/testing functions for questions, comments, concerns, or non-conformances when required.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Marine, or Ocean Engineering.
- Minimum eight (8) years engineering experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures/reports, governmental regulations, client specifications, and industry specifications.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and vendors.
- Experience in the use of Mathcad or other engineering calculation programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Autocad, and Solidworks.
- A U.S government issued TWIC badge is required to obtain access to the Port of Panama City.
- Active Professional Engineering License.
- Experience in Process Improvement and Product Development.
- MS Degree in Mechanical, Marine, or Ocean Engineering.
- Subsea product manufacturing experience (Umbilicals, EFL's, HFL's, SDU's, Subsea Trees, Manifolds etc.).
- Experience with large scale and complex subsea projects for major exploration companies.
- Experience leading project engineering teams.
- Significant client interface experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.