Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
Who You Are
- Strong & Agile - You are active and athletic, especially outdoors and in precarious locations.
- Realistic - You excel at work requiring practical, hands-on skill and problem solving.
- Conventional - You appreciate being provided set procedures and routines, working with data and details more than with ideas.
- Traveler - You need a constant change of scenery; willing and able to pick up and go when duty calls.
What You Will be Doing
Traveling all over to work with some of the best Marine Structural Welders in the industry providing welding services to repair, modify and install structural components on U.S. Navy Submarines.
You will be selecting proper materials and requirements to perform welding functions, and fabricating and installing fixtures & jigs required for welding process alignments. This position involves heavy lifting, frequent stooping, bending and possible working assignments in overhead structures, confined spaces and/or beneath machinery.
Strict adherence to safety, quality standards, good housekeeping habits, a high level of critical thinking/reading comprehension, are essential in this role. The willingness, and ability to perform frequent overtime and travel is a condition of employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Requires no supervision and excels in all qualifications and welding processes. Is an expert in all tasks required as a Welder and will provide mentoring to junior craftsman.
- Must be able to understand and perform the set-up, adjustment, and operation of all welding equipment and hand tools used in the trade.
- Select welding filler material, joint design and proper heat ranges as directed by Technical Work Documents.
- Read and understand terminology, blueprints, drawings and schematics to plan installation, modification or repair prior to commencing the process.
- Fabricate and install fixtures, jigs, supports and targets to ensure proper alignment during welding processes.
- Produce quality welds, including pipe, in difficult or adverse conditions and is proficient in multiple welding procedures/procedures.
- High School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma and additional vocational courses or technical school graduate; and/or military and/or civilian experience with welding operations in a repair department or shipyard or fabrication shop.
- Must have the ability to obtain government base access.
- Knowledge and practical skills tests required.
- Qualify as a Welder/Workmanship Inspector in accordance with OII Process Instructions and welding procedures.
- Deep Submergence Systems (SOC MCD A, B, and C), SUBSAFE Qualification. Automated welding processes.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret/Confidential security clearance.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Includes exposure to contaminants.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures.
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people.
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance issued by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Applicant will be subject to periodic security investigations and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
- In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
Oceaneering offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Sick Leave & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Complimentary Basic Life & AD&D;
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Program Performance Reviews & Advancement Opportunities
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & So Much More!
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.