Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
As an Engineer III in our Marine Services Division, you will apply your passion for engineering, working knowledge of advanced engineering analysis techniques, and engineering fundamentals to our division's engineering and design activities under the direction of a Project Engineer or Project Manager, building on our reputation for world-class engineering results and customer satisfaction.
With your advanced ability in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) utilizing the ANSYS Workbench Enterprise suite, you will add value to your team by initially training peers in the analysis software, while remaining flexible enough for other waterfront or design tasks.
Additionally, you will develop relationships with, and interact with other company personnel including those in QA, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, as necessary to provide engineering support to manufacturing, integration, and test activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs difficult engineering analysis tasks, with little to no supervision that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements, unusual materials requirements, and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments.
- Oversees smaller engineering projects.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client.
- Reviews Engineering Work Packages (TGIs) related to project.
- Writes/answers/reviews Engineering Change documents (CRs, LARs, DFSs) related to project.
- Develops/reviews Engineering designs, drawings and calculation packages.
- Provides support to Bid & Proposal efforts including technical writing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Ocean or Nuclear) or Naval Architecture from accredited college or university; Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years practical experience in Engineering; work experience with the US Department of Defense projects is desirable.
- Proficiency using ANSYS Workbench Enterprise Suite required.
- Proficiency using CAD software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks and MathCAD preferred.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
- Strong, demonstrated technical writing skills required.
- Engineer in Training (passed FE exam) preferred.
Oceaneering Marine Services Division can only hire "US Citizens" who are not dual citizens of any other country to work at its' facilities. You can verify your citizenship with the Self-Check through E-Verify (uscis.gov), if available in your state of residence.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance issued by the U.S. Department of Defense, and candidates already having a clearance are preferred.
- Applicant will be subject to periodic security investigations and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
- In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.