Skills: Project Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The project manager is responsible for the realization of automated guided vehicle (AGV) systems, from concept through system launch, and meeting project performance measures, for high profile customers around the world.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the entirety of mobile robotics projects from proposal through project closeout. Takes responsibility for performance, quality, schedule, and budget.
- Solves the unsolvable. Leads talented technical teams in the development of unique solutions to complex challenges.
- Fosters long lasting relationships with customers such as luxury automotive manufacturers, state of the art hospitals, and global theme parks. Serves as Oceaneering's primary point of contact for project communications and support business development.
- Balances application of the latest advances in automation with proven technology to field high reliability systems used in advanced manufacturing, trackless amusement ride, and harsh environment logistics applications.
- Supervises interdisciplinary teams with members based in the Netherlands, India, and USA.
- Leads a full range of project tasks including hardware design and manufacture of vehicles and auxiliary systems, sensor integration, intersystem communication, development of vehicle navigation and supervisory control software, and commissioning of systems at the customer site.
- Monitors progress and ensure on-time delivery. Maintains our reputation for meeting the most aggressive schedule goals.
- Assesses project budget with EVM (Earned Value Management), builds ETC (Estimate to Complete), and conducts DTC (Design to Cost) to achieve or exceed as-bid job profit.
- Sets expectations, meets requirements, and delivers desirable products while actively maintaining scope.
- Develops full scale project plans with focus on safety, quality, training, configuration and risk management.
- Conducts economical procurements and effective subcontract/vendor management.
- Coaches and motivates project team members. Shares enthusiasm.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline - engineering, software, or mechatronics preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a project manager or system integrator for software or system development projects.
- Knowledge of one or more: control systems, navigation, logistics, material handling, industrial processes.
- Excellent command of the English language. Ability in Dutch, German, or Mandarin language is a bonus.
- Solid business acumen and ability to convert customer needs into clear and achievable requirements.
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, while ensuring that projects are delivered profitably.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.