Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services. Position Summary
Software design, development, and support in the field of ocean engineering, data exploitation and analysis. Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of high quality software systems utilizing an array of technologies.
- Responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Create and maintain software documentation such as: verification procedures, requirement specifications, interface control documents, testing reports, etc.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to meet customer requirements.
- Dedicated to learning new software languages, architectures, and tools.
- Willing to stretching beyond their experience and to take risks to achieve objectives.
Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Must have 0-2 years' experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Experience with at least one high level programming language such as Java, C#, or C++.
- Familiarity with an integrated development environment (IDE) such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, or IntelliJ.
- Understanding of computer networking and security concepts.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of database management systems such as Microsoft SQL server, Oracle, or MySql.
- Experience developing with ESRI ARCGIS libraries.
- Experience with web-based development.
- Proficiency in UML modeling, test-driven development, agile processes, or DevOps tools.
- Experience with Wireshark or other network packet analysis software.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical circuits using multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and other test tools.
- Understanding of more advanced networking involving switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Comfortable configuring, developing, and debugging on the Linux operating system.
- Comfortable configuring, developing, and debugging on the Windows operating system.
- Experience with Linux kernel architecture.
- Familiarity with cryptography and underlying algorithms.
- Hands-on experience with hardware interfaces, embedded processor architectures, I/O device drivers, and board support packages.
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Additional duties as assigned.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.