Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers' creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
The Principal Designer applies creative design skill, knowledge of manufacturing techniques, and Computer Aided Design Drafting practices to the generation of solid models, layout, assembly, and detail drawings for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic equipment of moderate to high complexity for a variety of OES projects. The Principal Designer may also prepare sketches and other graphic information for use within technical documents (e.g. Operations and Maintenance Manuals), proposals, and sales-related documents. The Principal Designer may indirectly supervise the work of Designer and Drafter personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- With minimal instructions, prepares SolidWorks models and assemblies, complete layout and detail drawings, including application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, for moderately to highly complex equipment or mechanisms.
- Performs independent, original designs and interfaces with engineering and manufacturing personnel to ensure performance and efficiency of manufacture, assembly, and integration.
- May include working with vendors and purchasing on specific needs for various components
- Provide pre-order technical assistance to sales and marketing personnel and externally to customers
- Assist in resolution of field problems by traveling to the site if needed and evaluation the source of the malfunction
- Participate in the creation and enhancement of Checking and Drafting guidelines.
- Can check technical accuracy and completeness of all drafting.
- Prepare illustrations for technical documentation, proposals, and sales-related documents.
- Provide input to Project Engineer/Manager regarding design/drafting resource requirements necessary to achieve defined scopes of work within defined schedule and budgetary constraints.
- Assist in estimating costs/schedule as related to Design/Drafting activity for Bid and Proposals.
- Participate in Technical Working Groups to provide continuous improvement to OES processes.
- Support engineering activity with solid modeling to prepare models for export to engineering analysis/simulation software including merging and meshing of parts and application of load vectors under the direction of senior or higher level engineering staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent (e.g. GED)
- Formal Training in use of SolidWorks software
- Formal Training in leadership is desirable
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Work requires extensive technical or specialized training such as that which would be acquired in the first two or three years of college or technical school
- Between 5-7 years of work experience is required
- Experience with working and lead teams that are offsite.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, AutoCAD and the EPDM software
- Design Experience to include
- Machine Design
- Fiber Reinforced Plastics (FRP)
- Layout and Sheet Metal Packaging of Controls Systems
- Working knowledge of ANSI Y14 drafting standards including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing processes pertinent to OES projects.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- U.S. Persons is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.