Skills: Reliability Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position provides reliability engineering support to product development and technology qualification programs, with little to no guidance from management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports new technology development programs in planning and implementing technology qualification activities.
- Supports technology development teams to design inherent reliability into equipment using Design for Reliability tools and techniques.
- Guides project team in defining and meeting reliability and technology performance specifications.
- Identifies and internally verifies and validates testing requirements for new technology qualification.
- Leads workshops on Technology Maturity Assessment (TMA) through Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) and Technical Risks (TRC) scores.
- Leads workshops with cross functional teams to carry out Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Prepares TMA and FMECA reports.
- Analyzes field failure data to update FMECA and reliability analysis to track reliability growth.
- Assists in managing reliability data collection programs and reliability databases.
- Use appropriate reliability assessment techniques (RBD, Event Tree Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Load Strength Interference, etc.) to make component and system reliability predictions.
- Performs life-data analysis on field or test data (as required).
- Guides project team in developing qualification plans.
- Provides inputs for reliability demonstration tests, and monitor and analyze test results.
- Identifies and defines accelerated life testing requirements.
- Prepares reliability analysis report.
- Reviews results and reports of reliability analyses carried out by other members of the team.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physical Science or equivalent degree.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience as an engineer.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background.
- Experience leading/facilitating FMECA workshops.
- Experience developing system reliability models for repairable and non-repairable systems.
- Experience performing life-data analysis.
- Experience in handling equipment failures arising during manufacture and/or operations.
- Knowledge of processes for designing, manufacturing, assessing and assuring reliability performance in projects and/or operations is required.
- Experience with reliability demonstration testing and accelerated life testing techniques is strongly desired.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in Reliability Engineering is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.