Skills: A B Seaman
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Assists with the maintenance of deck operations and performs operational checks and minor repairs when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with deck maintenance and independently carries out various deck department duties.
- Daily maintenance to preserve painted surfaces of the ship and maintains lines.
- Member of shipboard emergency response team.
- Responsible for communications, safety watches, and deck watches during operations when assigned to be watch keeper.
- Informs Chief Officer of third party inspections and maintenance.
- Measures depth of water in shallow or unfamiliar waters, communicating the information to bridge.
- Overhauls lifeboats and lifeboat gear and raises or lowers with winch or falls.
- Splices and repairs cables and ropes using hand-tools.
- Performs any other additional duties that may be required or assigned.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
- One to two years related vessel crane and deck operational experience.
- Vessel experience in the Gulf of Mexico within the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SMS shipboard procedures.
- Merchant Mariner's Credential (Z-card) with AB Unlimited endorsement.
- STCW-95 (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification) with RFPNW (Rate Forming Part of a Navigational Watch) endorsement.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Valid TWIC card.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lifts 50-100 pounds.
- Works in confined spaces, kneels, jumps, runs, works while lying on his or her stomach/back, crawls, and uses repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiates between colors.
- Wears PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
- Lifts 25-50 pounds.
- Wears PPE for head, hands.
- Climbs stairs/ladders, stands, balances, stoops, squats, reaches, and lifts/carries objects.
- Twists, sits with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Works with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operates a motor vehicle.
- Lifts10-20 pounds.
- Standing and walking.
- Wears PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.