Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is day-to-day leadership of engineers,designers, and engineering related work, including the development and validation of equipment for the offshore subsea oil well production business. Equipment may include ROV tooling and related machinery and mechanisms, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and specialty subsea products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates, plans, and supervises engineering resources to provide design engineering and technical support locally and to other offices.
- Manages multiple engineering and CapEx projects.
- Establishes, maintains and improves work standards, processes, instructions, and procedures.
- Performs design calculations on ROV tooling equipment and systems.
- Reviews product designs, drawings, and analyses for compliance with engineering principles, applicable standards (ISO, API, ANSI and ASME), contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Ensures all designs are of compatible materials taking into consideration environmental and strength requirements.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Conducts periodic review meetings with Project Managers or Project Team.
- Ensures on time delivery of engineering and project deliverables.
- Assists with problem solving and experience to ensure successful engineering designs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- BS in engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years related experience and/or training.
- Basic understanding of hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic logic.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Holds/maintains a valid passport and be willing to travel.
- Able to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar enterprise management software, AutoCAD®, SolidWorks, Enovia Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
- Broad understanding of ROV tooling operation and design.
- Basic understanding of business cases for ongoing and new work.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others. Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, teamwork and pride.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.