Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Senior Quality Engineer assists with defining the expectations and verification requirements within the core processes of Oceaneering and OTECH's quality culture. The Quality Engineer supports OTECH Management in the establishment and maintenance of an environment where quality systems are effectively integrated into all aspects of OTECH and everyone in the organization is engaged in Continuous Improvement to improve process efficiency and customer satisfaction.
The Senior Quality Engineer reports to the OTECH Quality Manager directly and supports both project-specific and OTECH-wide quality initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Align goals with the strategic plan of the business. These should be based on the COPQ (Cost OfPoor Quality), measured waste, customer feedback, process metrics, risk assessments, reports of nonconformance, root cause and corrective actions, audits and surveillances, external audits, ISO requirements, CMMI requirements and other outputs of quality processes.
- The Quality Engineer will maintain the Quality Management System policies and procedures, best practices, performance measures and metrics, and continuous improvement methods. The Quality Engineer will lead efforts to ensure ISO9001 (and CMMI) requirements are met while meeting business needs.
- Provide support to Continuous Improvement Initiatives and training on Continuous Improvement as requested by other OTECH functional departments. This includes conducting internal audits and surveillances of OTECH Processes, executing any related CAPA (corrective and Preventative Action), and supporting/leading OTECH Process Improvement projects.
- Ensure requirements that are critical to quality (CTQ) are defined, understood and are aligned with current capabilities and are managed to ensure conformance.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of OTECH customer quality requirements.
- Develop and improve upon processes that are based upon items deemed CTQ and Critical to Process (CTP).
- Identify, measure, analyze, and report the cost of poor quality (COPQ). Make recommendations to OTECH leadership on corrective actions required to reduce COPQ.
- Utilize quality management principle as a means to follow-up and ensure actions from improvement teams are integrated and effective.
- Support/lead periodic OTECH Quality Management Reviews to track progress of Quality Initiatives. Ensure Management Awareness and Participation in Quality, and direct Quality objective.
- Support external audits (i.e. ISO, CMMI, Note5000). Participate in and/or lead internal audits
- Travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field. Commensurate and demonstrated experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum 5-10 years of Quality Assuranceexperience in an engineering/manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality management systems and principles and a variety of operational excellence processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees ranging from the shop floor to executive management and with partners in remote locations.
- Previous training and/or experience in the following areas:
- Geometric tolerancing
- ISO Auditing
- Ability to read an Engineering drawing.
- Practical experience in Root Cause Analysis.
- The ability to obtain security clearance may be required.
- Knowledge/Experience in an ISO 9000 2015 environment.
- Certification as an ASQ CQE and CQA (American Society for Quality, Certified Quality Engineer and Certified Quality Auditor).
- Training in Six Sigma. Lean management certification desired (Green Belt).
- Knowledge/Experience in an a CMMI for Development environment
- Knowledge/Experience in a Note-5000 environment
- Knowledge/Experience in Risk Management
- Previous training and/or experience in the following areas:
- Supplier Qualification Audits
- Supplier Process Audits
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.