Skills: Diving, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Maintains and repairs all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and ancillary equipment, associated with all Diving activities (Saturation, Mixed Gas and Air) both on-shore and off-shore.
Duties & Responsibilities
Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs the following:
- Hydraulic power units, pumps and circuits.
- Compressors, gas transfer equipment, piping, hoses and gas regulating devices.
- Saturation life support equipment.
- Saturation System Pressure Vessels.
- Self-Propelled Hyperbaric Life Boat
- Hyperbaric Rescue Facility
- Mixed gas and air surface supplied diving equipment.
- Electrical power distribution systems.
- Bell Launch and Recovery Systems.
- Wet Bell and Stage Launch and Recovery Systems
- Deck Decompression Chambers
- Divers reclaim equipment, helmets, and Secondary Life Support systems.
- Performs inspections and testing on equipment to maintain certification and compliance standards.
- Compiles and updates maintenance and service logs on all Diving Equipment
- Generates requisitions for repair parts, spare parts, and general system inventory
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum 2 year's experience with saturation diving equipment.
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic experience.with installation, troubleshooting, distribution of systems and sub-systems.
- Experience with reading and creating electrical diagrams.
- Previous offshore experience.
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)
- SafeGulf Training
- Valid passport
- Other safety related certifications
- MMC Card
- IMCA certification.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration System Experience.
- Electrical Power Distribution Experience
- Mechanical Experience. (working with compressors and pumps)
- Certified Kirby Morgan diving hat technician.
This position is a combination of both OFFSHORE WORK and SHOP WORK and which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.