Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers' creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
Responsible for the overall leadership, direction, coordination, initiation, planning, implementation and execution of project plan; monitor, control and close out of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Oversight of the people, tools and processes used to plan, manage and mitigate any risk events that may occur during the life cycle of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary Customer interface/Customer Relations
- Acquire, assemble and coordinate project staff
- Close collaboration and partnership with Project Engineer
- Set clear expectations with project team by defining project tasks and resource requirements
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Lead the planning and implementation of project
- Conduct full review of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Develop full scale project plans to include a project safety plan, project quality plan and risk management plan
- Conduct project Kick Off meeting
- Communicate project plan to include baseline scope, basis of estimate, baseline budget and baseline schedule to all project team members
- Manage project budget, buildup up of ETC (Estimate to Complete) and DTC (Design to Cost) to achieve as-bid or improve job profit
- Manage project resource allocation and resource loading into Primavera software
- Conduct procurements to include subcontract/vendor management
- Manage communications
- Manage stakeholder engagement
- Perform quality assurance
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Monitor and control project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Manage scope and change control to include implementation and management of project change interventions to achieve project outputs
- Monitor and report on progress of the project weekly to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and corrective action plans to include budget and schedule variance reports
- Conduct project close out
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- Fifteen years of experience in technical field.
- Five years Project Management experience including leading large teams
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management processes, techniques and tools
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage design/build of complex mechanical systems involving structural and mechanical components, electronics, and hydraulics.
- Proven ability to meet schedule and budget goals for a hardware design/build program.
- Understanding and experience negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Personnel management and mentoring
- The ability to understand financial statements and effect positive financial statement outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the design and production problems of the technical area.
- Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices in all related fields of the company.
- Demonstrates well-developed leadership qualities.
- Capability to interface with a variety of customers for project execution, obtaining follow-on work, and developing new business.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.