Skills: CAD / CAM
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers' creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
The Systems Engineer applies advanced technical knowledge to ADTECH's engineering and design activities. The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing processes for hazard analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEAs), and requirements compliance. Furthermore, the Systems Engineer is responsible for working with the engineering design team to generate the hazard analysis, FMEAs, and requirements matrices on all projects in compliance with applicable standards for each respective project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains the Systems Engineering Program in accordance with customer requirements, including the performance of hazard analyses and FMEAs
- Defines and decomposes system requirements and functional system requirements; documents specifications; identifies requirements flow down, design and architecture development, and requirements traceability
- Ensures that customer requirements are systematically converted into total system solutions
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others
- Interacts with technical and management customer representatives to define and manage customer expectations
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Assist in Bid and Proposal efforts including cost estimating, technical approach definition, and input to baseline schedule data
- Participate in Technical Working Groups to assess and improve ADTECH processes and capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from accredited college or university, master's degree preferred
- Two to five years engineering experience in Systems Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical groups and interact with customer representatives
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Experience developing FMEAs and Hazard Analysis; familiarity with ASTM Standards under the jurisdiction of F24 Committee is a plus
- Experience with SolidWorks, Auto CAD or similar mechanical CAD drafting package, as well as general computer skills
- Experience with CRADLE or DOORS a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.