Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The NDT Technician Level II will perform RT industrial inspections on onshore/offshore piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, and mechanical and structural components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts tests with radiographic testing equipment for various components and materials.
- Conducts tests in other NDT methods.
- Interprets, evaluates, and documents inspection results through formal report paperwork.
- Sets up and calibrates inspection equipment.
- Loads, processes, reads and interprets film.
- Responsible for operating radiography in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures.
- Assists in training and supervising Level I RT trainees and other NDT trainees.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures, paying special attention to health and safety policies.
- Must be able to travel and work on a call-out basis, both domestic and international.
- Must be able to work in harsh environments.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum two (2) years of documented RT Level II work experience.
- Must be able to certify to ASNT-TC-1A Level II.
- Must have documented RT training per SNT-TC-1A.
- Possess a valid Louisiana, Texas or Alabama industrial safety radiation card or proof of a 40-hour radiation safety course.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card, valid Passport, Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered ONSHORE and OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.