Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers' creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
The Designer applies creative design skill, knowledge of manufacturing techniques, and Computer Aided Design Drafting practices to the generation of layout, assembly, and detail drawings for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic equipment of simple to moderate complexity for a variety of ADTECH projects. The Designer may also prepare sketches and other graphic information for use within technical documents (e.g. Operations and Maintenance Manuals), proposals, and sales-related documents. May occasionally supervise the work of other less experienced designers and drafters on a specific project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- With minimal instructions, prepares CADD solid models (SolidWorks part and assembly level), complete layout and detail drawings, including application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, for moderately complex equipment or mechanisms.
- Performs independent, original design and interacts with engineering and manufacturing personnel to ensure performance and efficiency of manufacture, assembly, and integration.
- Can check technical accuracy and completeness of all drafting
- Tasking may include: preparing engineering drawings, layout and detailed design of mechanical systems using drafting techniques (AutoCad)
- Selecting various electrical and mechanical components to meet performance requirements.
- May interface with clients.
- May supervise work of one or more designers and/or drafters on a single project
- Prepare illustrations for technical documentation, proposals, and sales-related documents.
- Support engineering activity with solid modeling to prepare models for export to engineering analysis/simulation software including merging and meshing of parts and application of load vectors under the direction of senior or higher level engineering staff.
- Associate Degree in related engineering field, or equivalent work experience.
- Formal Training in use of SolidWorks solid modeling software
- At least three years applied drafting experience.
- Proficiency using software such as AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS required.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
- Familiarity with ANSI Y14 drafting standards.
- Technical writing skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.