Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
The Submarine Project Engineer applies advanced technical knowledge to the division's engineering and design activities, and will, also provide technical leadership and oversight for large and/or complex projects under the direction of a Project Manager. This Submarine Project Engineer assists the Design or Production Engineering Manager and Project Manager in defining and managing resource requirements, schedule, and cost for projects under his/her cognizance. The Submarine Project Engineer interacts with other MSD personnel including those in QA, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, as necessary to provide engineering support to MSD manufacturing, integration, and test activities. He/she directs an engineering design/production team in development of a design project/production availability throughout the entire cycle from initial concept/planning through successful completion. He/she completes assigned engineering projects in accordance with customer specifications and within schedule and budget limitations, coordinating activities of engineering team, contractors, and vendors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements, unusual materials requirements, and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments.
- Directs and supervises the activities of moderate to large size teams of engineers, tech writers, designers, and drafters.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Interacts with customer technical representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Uses team management skills to lead the design or production engineering group during various phases of a project or availability.
- Assesses vendors for competence, capabilities, and resources.
- Reviews Engineering Work Packages (e.g. TGIs) related to project.
- Reviews/answers/approves Engineering Change documents (e.g. CRs, LARs, DFSs) related to project.
- Reviews/approves Engineering designs, models, drawings and calculation packages.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Assist in Bid and Proposal efforts including cost estimating, technical approach definition, and input to baseline schedule data.
- Participate in Technical Working Groups to assess and improve processes and capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Ocean or Nuclear) or Naval Architecture from accredited college or university; Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum ten years engineering experience in complex systems design, manufacturing, and integration environment and three or more years of management experience leading multidisciplinary design teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of military, and commercial, construction and material specifications applicable to Submarine and Deep Submergence System work.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical groups of more than five engineers, designers, and/or drafters.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 design requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and CAD software, such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks or similar packages, is required. Proficiency in MathCad is preferred.
- Engineer in Training (passed FE exam) preferred.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance issued by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Applicant will be subject to periodic security investigations and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
- In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
Oceaneering Marine Services Division can only hire "US Citizens" who are not dual citizens of any other country to work at its' facilities. You can verify your citizenship with the Self-Check through E-Verify (uscis.gov), if available in your state of residence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.