Skills: Business Analyst, IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for requirements in gathering analysis, design, and the implementation of business intelligence solutions to meet customer's business and technical needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with Business Analysts, SME's and end users to understand the requirements in order to determine feasibility. Designs technical solutions that are in line with business needs while staying consistent with application architecture.
- Conducts requirements for gathering and analysis to capture documents and prioritizes the customer's business and technical needs.
- Designs and develops the reporting components of the solution. This includes testing and deployment of the components.
- Navigates, understands, analyzes and leverages existing complex data structures.
- Coordinates with enterprise data architects to implement best practices and methodologies in mastering data management and in designing physical data models.
- Investigates and troubleshoots data quality workflows or data quality issues.
- Designs, develops, and tests production fixes and enhancements per specifications.
- Maintains MDM knowledge and stays abreast of solution development progress; provides assistance as required to clarify designs and keeps architecture and design up-to-date.
- Proactively communicate issues to team to assist in managing defects.
- Ensures that development activities adheres to the team's standards and best practices so that overall business intelligence data integrity is maintained.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Minimum five years' experience with database skills (SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle).
- Minimum five years' experience with data modeling (modeling for the data warehouse, enterprise logical/ physical models).
- Minimum one years' experience working with offshore resources, to translate the requirements gathered for development.
- Minimum three years' experience developing business intelligence / analytics solutions.
- Minimum two years' experience in Tableau dashboard development.
- Minimum one years' experience in implementation of MDM solutions.
- Working knowledge of Denodo - data virtualization.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Ability to learn and implement new tools and technology.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Supports all technology aspects to ensure operational requirements are met and that all systems development lifecycle technical needs are met (such as operations, deployments, cutovers, testing and support).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions.
- Identifies a set of features, parameters or considerations to take into account in analyzing a situation or making a decision.
- Skills to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize individual work load, troubleshoot and remedy problems under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.