Skills: Captain / Master
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Manages a 134' research catamaran and crew to ensure their safety through implementing policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the safe and efficient operation of the vessel to transport personnel and project equipment across oceans, lakes, bays, and inter coastal waters ways.
- Directs or coordinates crew members' performance activities such as vessel maintenance, watch standing, operating ships equipment or making repairs to ship equipment.
- Daily, weekly and monthly Inspections of vessel to ensure the safety of crew, personnel and the environment.
- Trains and develops crew members.
- Implements, follows, and keeps up to date company policies and procedures.
- Maintains records of daily activities, prepares reports, Safety Management System records and safety training drill records.
- Maintains and tracks vessel certification regulatory and class requirements.
- Utilizes navigational aids, such as bridge resource management, navigation bridge equipment, bridge watch standing orders and voyage planning.
- Remains fully informed and adheres to all relevant laws, regulations and directives affecting the operation of the vessel.
- Computes positions, sets courses, and determines speeds, using charts, area plotting sheets, compasses and knowledge of local conditions.
- Coordinates activities for project mobilization.
- Performs stability calculations to maintain safe loading condition of vessel.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
- Two (2) to three (3) years minimum offshore experience in running survey lines and Geophysical vessel experience.
- Knowledge of SMS shipboard procedures.
- Merchant Mariner's Credential.
- USCG Medical Certificate.
- License with a minimum rating of 100 GRT (500 ITC) Oceans.
- STCW-95 (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification).
- GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System) Radio Operator's License.
- Safe Gulf experience.
- Valid Passport.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Valid TWIC card.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to operate vessel on manual controls.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of company policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lifts 20-50 pounds.
- Works in confined spaces, kneels, jumps, runs, works while lying on stomach/back, crawls, and uses repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identifies color differences.
- Wears PPE for skin protection.
- Lifts 10-25 pounds.
- Climbs stairs/ladders, stands, balances, stoops, squats, reaches, and lifts/carries objects.
- Twists body, sits with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and works with arms extended overhead.
- Operates a motor vehicle.
- Lifts up to 10 pounds.
- Wears PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.