Skills: Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Individual should be able to work under moderate to minimal supervision to perform accounting and analysis to support the business administration area. Assists in the daily operations of the project finance department in account receivables, intercompany billing and agreements, and reconciliation of accounts, month end close process and special projects. The individual will perform various routine accounting functions on a daily basis and assist in audits or annual reporting requirements related to general accounting such as preparing journal entries, monthly closing and accounting analysis.
Expectation of this function requires strictest attention to detail and accuracy, clear communications and coordinated efforts involving all activities within the region. Knowledge of financial / cost performance and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is expected and typical projects assigned to this function are in support of the project finance area. Must demonstrate and exercise good organizational skills and analytical / logical approaches.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the project team in month end closing.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Reconciles inter-company accounts.
- Assists in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Works on special projects and presents financial data as required.
- Performs various ad hoc requests.
- Assists the project analyst in managing the spares & services portfolio with journal entries, contract interpretation, issuing invoices and reminders.
- Supports timely and accurate Estimate at Completion (EAC) and Estimate to Complete (ETC) cost data to facilitate the monthly revenue and job profit calculations.
- Coordinates with contracts, finance and project management to ensure that billings are prepared in an accurate and timely manner and there is timely follow-up on past due accounts.
- Develops and analyzes trend reporting on cost variances.
- Assists with audits (internal and external).
- Additional duties as assigned and needed by employer.
- BS in Accounting or 3+ years' experience in finance or accounting.
- 2+ years' experience in financial reporting and general ledger preferably with a US company.
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves.
- Must possess good organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company and subcontractor organization.
- Must possess good analytical skills and computation and be able to explain performance-based measurements to management.
- Possesses the ability to work with a team and relates well with other staff members.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job under moderate to minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft System.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.