Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Sr. Project Manager is the second line of functional management in Engineering. The responsibility can be summarized as ensuring the technical excellence of the work in engineering. The scope most importantly includes the improvement and development of a project through planning and directing of the personnel as well as maintaining the quality of the engineering product (drawings and documents) by formal and informal review. Expectation of this function requires clearly communicated and coordinated team management efforts involving all the activities within ADTECH and its interaction with Manufacturing, QA, Purchasing, and the Government Operations Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing project personnel and the engineering skills necessary to accomplish the project at hand. He/she will accomplish this by keeping track of the skill requirements or the opportunity being pursued in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Responsible for the project budget. Further responsibilities will include both planning and controlling the budget within the Program Execution Plan.
- Responsible for providing input to the Program Manager for annual performance review and rankings for the personnel on their project. This will include obtaining input from personnel they may have also supported.
- The Project Manager II is responsible for checking the technical work of personnel in his group and recommending changes to the Program Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring conduct of appropriate design reviews.
- The Project Manager II may also review proposals at a Senior Manager's request, or when obviously in their area of expertise for technical content as well as reasonable plan and cost for execution. They will also recommend engineering and design tools that can be planned into proposals to execute jobs more efficiently.
- The Project Manager II is expected to provide support and mentoring to the project personnel, helping them plan work, solve difficult problems, and directing them to resources. The Project Manager II will act as a conduit of communications into and out of the group.
- Responsible for supervision of project personnel which could include engineers, designers, draftsmen, technicians and/or administrative support
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Staff or Senior Engineer with a minimum of five years of experience working in a specific technical area in a management position.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage design/build of complex mechanical systems involving structural and mechanical components, electronics, and hydraulics.
- Proven ability to meet schedule and budget goals for a hardware design/build program.
- Understanding and experience with various types of contracts and associated terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the design and production problems of the technical area.
- Capability to interface with a variety of customers for project execution, obtaining follow-on work, and developing new business.
- Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices in all related fields of the company.
- Demonstrates well-developed leadership qualities.
- TS SCI required
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
How To Apply
Regular full-time employees who apply will be considered along with external candidates. Employees with less than six months with their current position are not eligible to apply for job postings. Please discuss your interest in the position with your current manager/supervisor prior to submitting your completed application. It is highly recommended to apply through the PeopleSoft or Oceanet portals.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.