Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Responsible for division-wide management of Product Safety, Reliability and Maintainability Engineering, Quality Engineering, Quality Inspection, and Configuration & Data Management. Duties include the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures, systems, and programs required to meet product requirements; and to continuously identify and implement improvement initiatives. Responsible for personnel management and for the Quality Management System, including maintaining ISO 9001 and AS9100 compliance and registration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively manages the Product Assurance Department's activities, including coordinating with other functional organizations to help ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of products that meet all Quality and Safety Requirements.
- Formulates, plans, and implements system methodologies and resources for establishing Product Assurance priorities for supporting the total work effort.
- Reviews and approves Project Management Plans and special procedures with regard to compliance with customer requirements on new business proposals, contracts, and contract changes.
- Provides and manages resources to implement, monitor, review, and approve engineering and manufacturing document change control system. Reviews, approves, and provides comments on specifications, plans, and procedures.
- Signs the Certificate of Conformance for products, indicating adherence to both customer and AS9100 requirements.
- Works with the Quality Assurance Manager to determine the right level of quality oversight and documentation for each product based on contract requirements.
- Coordinates, implements, and monitors the Quality Management System compliance to ISO 9001 and AS 9100 as the Management Representative.
- Collects data for Quality metrics, such as Cost of Poor Quality and nonconformance trends, and presents the data to top management in QMS management reviews for potential action.
- Chair the Continuous Improvement Management Team, a top management venue for continuous improvement and communication.
- Interfaces with customer quality representatives and represents the company for Product Assurance functions.
- Chairs the Corrective Action Board, investigating process escapes and negative quality trends, recommending improvements and tracking improvement actions to closure.
- Prepares proposals and key proposal sections related to Product Assurance disciplines and provides cost estimates.
- Member of the Health Safety and Environmental Leadership Management Team.
- Interfaces with other Oceaneering Quality organizations to influence and implement corporate quality initiatives.
- Normal personnel supervisory responsibilities and special assignments from the VP/GM.
- B.S. Engineering, or equivalent, plus ten years of proven progressive management experience in related disciplines, flight hardware development, and a manufacturing environment for Government products. Ability to formulate, write and/or direct quality and inspection plans to satisfy Government (NASA, DoD, FAA) and commercial customers. Must be a proven leader and excellent communicator.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required.
- Experience with System Safety, Reliability & Maintainability Engineering products such as hazard analyses, failure mode & effects analysis, and reliability predictions is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.