Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering thrives by creating industry-changing technically creative solutions for the most complex operational challenges under water, on land, and in space.
The Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) division is looking for a self-motivated, experienced, and talented software engineer to oversee the software development activities for a group of software engineers embedded at a customer site. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall architecture and upkeep of a suite of software utilized by the customer to perform various analysis related tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of high quality software systems utilizing an array of technologies.
- Responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Create and maintain software documentation such as: verification procedures, requirement specifications, interface control documents, testing reports, etc.
- Work as part of a team to meet customer requirements.
- Dedicated to learning new software languages, architectures, and tools.
- Willing to stretch beyond their experience and to take risks to achieve objectives.
- Understand, explain, and seek ways to improve existing toolsets to gain processing efficiencies, better quality, and broader reach.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's with 4 or more years' experience, Masters with 2 or more years' experience or Doctorate with experience.
Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires an active TS/SCI U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- 3+ years' experience with C# or C++.
- 3+ years' experience with enterprise databases such as Oracle RDBMS or Microsoft SQL server.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in object oriented design, implementation, and test.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in software architecture and design of complex systems.
- Experience leading a team of software engineers.
- Comfortable configuring, developing, and debugging on the Windows operating system.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Solid understanding of computer networking and security concepts.
- Experience with implementing the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience developing with ESRI ARCGIS libraries.
- Experience with web-based development.
- Proficiency in UML modeling, test-driven development, agile processes, or DevOps tools.
- Experience with Wireshark or other network packet analysis software.
- Understanding of more advanced networking involving switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Familiarity with cryptography and underlying algorithms.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.