Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Senior Security Officer is responsible for all functions associated with the role of site security, including but not limited to personnel, physical, operations, and communications security disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the positive control of all classified accountable items, ensuring that Oceaneering is compliant with contractual security obligations identified in the contract security classification specification (DD Form 254).
- Provide daily oversight and guidance to the assigned workforce on individual programs.
- Although not a management role, there may be a requirement to supervise and mentor junior security officers.
- Coordinate with contract field locations as applicable.
- Prepare and develop materials to support facility security audits as required.
- Maintain general security education in the following areas: foreign travel, defensive security, courier briefings and other ongoing training as needed.
- Implement and maintain standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Implement and maintain Operations Security (OPSEC) plans as needed to support classified efforts.
- Maintain DD Form 254 files for all classified contracts and prepares DD Form 254 for subcontractors as required.
- May provide oversight and direct guidance to subcontractor security organizations depending upon program needs.
- Facilitate personnel requests for security clearance or program access and support the acquisition process as needed.
- Process all incoming and outgoing visitor clearance/access certifications for both collateral and program cleared visitors.
- Maintains a close working partnership with Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to ensure compliance with program security requirements. May interface with customer I/T counterparts to facilitate system approvals where needed.
- Advise Oceaneering Security Management on implementation of physical security measures required to safeguard personnel, facilities, and materials.
- Provide secure movement of official classified or unclassified contract materials. Track and maintain the chain of custody on all accountable packages, parcels, and equipment being transported in support of contract requirements.
- Frequent travel may be required (up to 25%) depending upon contract scope and operational demands.
- Other duties as assigned by the Security Manager.
- Top Secret (TS) security clearance with investigation conducted within the past six years.
- In scope (within 5 years) CI polygraph or the ability to successfully complete a CI scope polygraph to support contract requirements.
- BS/BA degree in a related field (e.g. Criminal Justice/Criminal Law, Homeland Security, Business Administration) preferred. Equivalent work experience in a related career or Military Occupational Specialty may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum five years of security officer experience required. Candidates with experience providing support to classified programs in the role of Facility Security Officer (FSO) / Cognizant Security Officer (CSO) / Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) / or Special Security Officer (SSO) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements. RMF Training beneficial.
- Strong working knowledge and experience implementing:
- Department of Defense (DoD 5220.22-M ) National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), incorporating Change 2
- Relevant Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), 705.2, 503
- DoDM 5105.21 Vol. 1.
- DoDM 5205.02-M DoD Operations Security (OPSEC) Program Manual
- Communications Security (COMSEC) policy guidance (NSA policy manual 3-16, EKMS 1-b)
- DoDM 5205.07 Vols. 1-4
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Current U.S. passport.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.