Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Security Officer is responsible for all functions associated with the role of site security, including but not limited to personnel, physical, operations, and communications security disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the positive control of all classified accountable items, ensuring that Oceaneering is compliant with contractual security obligations identified in the contract security classification specification (DD Form 254).
- Provides oversight and guidance to the assigned workforce.
- Coordinates with contract field locations as applicable.
- Participates in facility security audits as required.
- Maintains general security education in the following areas: foreign travel, defensive security, courier briefings and other ongoing training as needed.
- Implements and maintains standard operating procedures.
- Maintains DD Form 254 files for all classified contracts and prepares DD Form 254 for subcontractors as required.
- Facilitates personnel requests for security clearance and support the acquisition process as needed.
- Process all incoming and outgoing visitor clearance/access certifications for both collateral and program cleared visitors.
- Ensures compliance with information systems security requirements.
- Advises Oceaneering Management on implementation of physical security measures required to safeguard personnel and prevent unauthorized access to equipment, facilities, and materials.
- Provides secure movement of official classified or unclassified contract materials. Tracks and maintains the chain of custody on all accountable packages, parcels, and equipment being transported in support of contract requirements.
- Frequent travel may be required (up to 25%).
- Additional duties as assigned by Security Manager.
- BS/BA degree in a related field (e.g. Criminal Justice/Criminal Law, Homeland Security, Business Administration) preferred. Equivalent work experience in a related career or Military Occupational Specialty may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum two years of security officer experience required.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements. RMF Training beneficial.
- Working knowledge and experience implementing:
- Department of Defense (DoD) National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Relevant Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs).
- DoD 5105.21-M-1.
- Communications Security (COMSEC) policy guidance.
- Joint Air Force-Army-Navy (JAFAN) Manual 6/0.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Technical writing skills.
- Top Secret (TS) security clearance with investigation conducted within the past five years.
- Successful completion of a CI polygraph to support contract requirements as needed.
- Current U.S. passport.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.