Skills: NDT Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our Asset Integrity Group has more than 50 years of experience in managing inspections and safely applying advanced technologies to gather the data you need to make informed decisions. Our comprehensive range of services, from the inspection of a single component, to a full-scale integrity management program, ensure you are able to leverage the benefits of our industry-leading technologies and services to save time and expenditure-regardless of industry.
The NDT Technician Level I will assist in performing RT, UTT, MT, PT and other NDT industrial inspections of onshore piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, and structural components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Level II Technicians in Radiographic Testing in accordance with applicable regulations, codes, practices, and procedures.
- Loads and processes film.
- Trained to read and interpret film.
- Learns to prepare, sets-up and completes all necessary paperwork.
- Assists Level II in conducting tests in other NDT methods.
- Willing to travel domestically and a on call-out basis.
- Assists other technicians.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Promotes and strives for safety excellence at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 0-6 months experience performing Radiography.
- Must have proof of a 40-hour radiation safety course.
- Must be able to work in harsh environments.
- Valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Surface method Level II certifications are preferred: PT, MT and VT.
- Experience with Computed and Digital Radiographic (CR/DR) experience.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft.
- Valid passport.
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to learn to write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to learn effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written form.
- Ability to learn to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
This position is considered ONSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.