Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The primary responsibility of this position is to own and maintain the manufacturing process to include process and layout improvements, owning and overseeing machine maintenance & repairs and to be an expert resource for fabricators on the shop floor in structural welding applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs process analysis, process improvements, process design and control including metrics, goals, targets and standardization.
- Ensures document management and manufacturing control compliance.
- Leads on-going efforts to optimize the layout of manufacturing and create the justification needed to warrant any changes.
- Actively participates in Non Conformance Report (NCR) dispositions.
- Creates and owns lessons learned log.
- Understands the impact Design for Manufacturability has on final design and relates changes and best practices to design engineers.
- An expert and technical lead on manufacturing process flow and design transfer.
- Directs equipment modifications and improvements.
- Conducts and leads failure investigations.
- Attends trade shows with latest manufacturing technologies to aid in future road maps.
- Responsible for programming and troubleshooting water jet and plasma table (Mastercam).
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance functions on various shop equipment.
- Documents and maintains all facility operational records per the owner and O&M requirements.
- Recommends and justifies manufacturing equipment upgrade, replacement and disposal.
- Has in depth knowledge of welding processes to AWS requirements and fabrication methods such as heat distortion, various welding methods & base metal types.
- An expert resource for fabricators on the floor in weld mapping, strong backing, weld symbol and drawing interpretation.
- Provides general shop support, resource recommendations, design questions, etc.
- Assists manufacturing manager in managing the plant's environmental compliance to ensure adherence to local, state, and federal regulations.
- Actively participates in the sourcing of machined and fabricated components to internal and external resources.
- Creates standards and followers for Machine Shop, Fabrication (welding) Shop, Assembly and Test.
- Performs time and motion studies including labor run rates, set up times and follower development.
- Demonstrates leadership in safety initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5-8 years of engineering experience in a metal manufacturing environment.
- Minimum five (5) years manufacturing experience with machine, fabrication, welding, and assembly shop operations.
- Must be familiar with CNC machining processes; ability to write programs is a plus.
- Must be familiar with welding processes, welding symbols, base materials, and best practices.
- Thorough understanding of ASME Y14.5 2009 and its interpretation and application of Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances.
- Proficiency in the application of current engineering software (i.e. SolidWorks, Inventor etc.).
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and MS Project.
- Ability to work independently with strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to obtain a United States Government Security Clearance.
- Hands-on experience in welding or machining.
- Working knowledge of process improvement methods.
- Experience working in an ISO environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, teamwork and pride.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.