Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Senior Project Manager role is primarily to propose, plan, and execute variety of different types of infrastructure related projects including network, database, data center upgrades and deployments on time and on budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager also ensures that all changes are completed per the change-management guidelines and the appropriate documentation standards are followed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and manage communications projects from beginning to end and the ability to develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Coordinate and direct commercial division on contract quotes and executed contracts.
- Experience in managing the major network changes, major LAN & WAN and Wi-Fi refresh and Data center migration projects.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion using standard project management techniques and documentation.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations for review by the Director of Communications.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Proven capability of managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently with ability to perform under tight deadlines and demonstrate problem solving approach while maintaining strong integrity.
- Full understanding of the change control requirements and working with the internal security team to ensure compliance with the audit system.
- Manages, and appropriately escalates, delivery impediments, risks and issues.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel to complete the project.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- 15% Domestic or International Travel is required.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of practical experience working within a project management environment.
- Proven record in Network Administrator and/or Project Management.
- PMP certification and a background in Oil and Gas environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of change control and Sarbanes change control requirements.
- Good second Level IT Support Skills.
- Strong software knowledge of the following: Project Management software with Oracle Primavera, MS Project, or equivalent; Google Business Applications; and MS Office Products including Visio.
- BP IT infrastructure background
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.