Skills: IT - Software Development, Logistics Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Oceaneering AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
As a Sr. Logistics Software Engineer you will be responsible for creating and maintaining customer solutions for an AGV system using our Linux based AGV software framework. This involves the design and development of logistic rules, vehicle routes, optimizing system performance, interfacing with infrastructure such as PLC's and stations, and configuring the framework. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, testing, supporting, and installing (both on a SCADA level and on the vehicle level) the customer solution. Working in a multidisciplinary and multi-national team you will be responsible for making sure that the software systems meet customer specifications and within their site constraints. You will provide both logistical and technical insight to create solutions that result in optimal automation performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, configuring, and optimizing customer solutions for our supervisory fleet management software.
- Simulates customer solution in supervisory software for functionality and performance.
- Site commissions the customer solution including but not limited to verification of vehicles, station interfacing, docking, validation of vehicle routes, verifying interfaces to customer systems (ERP, WMS, MMS), and validating infrastructure interfacing (doors, elevators, etc.).
- Provides support for field issues, troubleshoots, and solves software issues.
- Writing requirements, technical design documentation, and test cases.
- Interacts with system engineering to define and validate designs.
- Analyzes and modifies traffic and logic rules to optimize material flow.
- Prepares estimates and participates in the bid process for new projects.
- Mentors other engineers.
- Continuously improves processes and procedures to optimize development efficiency.
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad several weeks at a time during system installation.
- Willingness to be in the on-call rotation pool for 24/7 2nd line support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Technical bachelor or master's degree, preferably in computer science, automation technology, information technology or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in writing application software for technical applications.
- Engineering mindset to breakdown and analyze complex problems and create optimal solutions.
- Ability to act independently generating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with writing requirements, design documentation, and test cases.
- Experience programming in C/C++.
- User level proficiency with Linux operating systems.
- Understands networking hardware and software including UDP and TCP.
- Ability to read, understand, debug and modify existing product code.
- Experience integrating with enterprise systems such as databases, ERP systems, and factory automation systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment.
- Experience with defining and optimizing the material flow in a warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with controlling fleets of autonomous robots, in particular with AGVs.
- Experience programming in Linux, (tool chains, IDE's, etc.).
- Experience programming rule-based systems.
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis & design methodologies and design patterns.
- Experience with writing multithreaded software.
- Experience with programming in Java and Python.
- Experience with XML and web services.
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.