Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
Perform various welding processes to repair, modify and install various plating, pipes, structures, foundations and fittings associated with shipboard structural installations and modifications.Select proper materials and requirements to perform welding functions. Fabricate and install fixtures and jigs required for welding process alignments. Involves heavy lifting, frequent stooping or bending and possible working assignments in overhead structures, confined spaces or beneath machinery. Strict adherence to safety, quality standards, good housekeeping habits, high level of critical thinking/reading comprehension, and frequent travel/overtime are required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Requires no supervision/oversight. Has experience in the trade qualifications, and can perform all work required as a Welder and will provide mentoring to junior craftsman.
- Must be able to understand and perform the set-up, adjustment, and operation of various welding equipment and hand tools used in the trade. Select welding filler material, joint design and proper heat ranges as directed by Technical Work Documents.
- Read and understand terminology, blueprints, drawings and schematics to plan installation, modification or repair prior to commencing the process.
- Fabricate and install fixtures, jigs, supports and targets to ensure proper alignment during welding processes.
- High School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma and additional vocational courses or technical school graduate; and/or military and/or civilian experience with welding operations in a repair department or shipyard or fabrication shop.
- Must have the ability to obtain government base access.
- Knowledge and practical skills tests required.
- Qualify as a Welder/Workmanship Inspector in accordance with OII Process Instructions and welding procedures.
- Proficient in GTAW process for welding of all grades and thickness of aluminum material.
- Ability to obtain government base access is essential.
- Ablility to obtain a Secret/Confidential security clearance, Preferred
Oceaneering Marine Services Division can only hire "US Citizens" who are not dual citizens of any other country to work at its' facilities. You can verify your citizenship with the Self-Check through E-Verify (uscis.gov), if available in your state of residence
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.