Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Software Developer-MEAN stack will be responsible for working on developing and maintaining front-end and back-end of applications in-house. They will work closely with the business, solutions analysts, project managers and other developers during the requirements gathering thru go-live. They will work closely with IT management in exploring new technologies and/or products and implementing best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work on wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Develop, build and maintain scalable robust web applications.
- Work independently and also collaborate with other cross-functional, distributed teams to identify and explore new technologies/tools.
- Participate in requirements gathering with the business.
- Participate in functional, project and technical meetings.
- Work in Agile methodology.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Minimum one year of experience with Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Minimum one year experience with APIs, Microservices and Service oriented architectures.
- Minimum one year experience programming and developing web-based systems
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident.
- 2+ years of Experience in MEAN stack and associated technologies.
- Basic DB administration experience ( SQL Server, MongoDB).
- Experience administrating version control systems such as TFS, Git.
- Experience in Android or iOS, Mobile application development will be added advantage.
- Experience with JIRA will be added advantage.
- Familiarity with containerization such as Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience in implementing API authorization specifications such as OAuth.
- Strong background in working in Linux environment.
- Experience with SQL and, Elasticsearch.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Azure/AWS/GCP cloud devops experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
How To Apply
Regular full-time employees who apply will be considered along with external candidates. Employees with less than six months with their current position are not eligible to apply for job postings. Please discuss your interest in the position with your current manager/supervisor prior to submitting your completed application. It is highly recommended to apply through the PeopleSoft or Oceanet portals.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.