Skills: Financial Analyst, Budget / Cost Control
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Senior Cost & Project Analyst reports and analyzes the cost/performance data on assigned projects, and determines conformity to budgeted and projected expenditures of hours and funds. Typical projects assigned to this function are Cost Plus and Time & Material, with some Fix Priced contracts that have low contract value and small financial risk to the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Program/Project Managers with current status of cost for programs/projects. Prepare and issue status and EAC reports as required.
- Analyze historical and current trends to forecast future performance.
- Forecast rolling flash, cash flow, and inputs to the annual plan for assigned programs/projects. May also track other indirect costing functions.
- Draft all aspects of the cost volume, such as written content, cost/price schedules, contractual aspects (i.e. bonding and insurance coverage). Maintain prepared cost volumes and provide audit support as needed.
- Support the collection of Accounts Receivables and generate invoices associated with projects assigned.
- Set up and maintain all projects within accounting systems (i.e. As Bid/Budgets, Chart of Accounts, and the active status of accounts).
- Maintain working knowledge of various government regulations as required by contracts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5-8 of experience in performance/cost measurement or financial analysis.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company.
- Working knowledge/background in government and commercial contract requirements.
- Familiarity of performance measurement principles such as earned value, scheduling, IRR, ROA, Payback, DSO, cash flow, and Operating Efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Security clearance may be required depending on location.
- Strong technical knowledge of financial/cost performance.
- Good organizational skills and analytical/logical approach.
- Ability to collect information and solve problems of moderate complexity.
- Experience with project management/scheduling software (i.e. MS Project, MPM, etc).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.